Hannah Storm Talks Backyard Gas Grill Explosion

Posted on January 1, 2013

ESPN anchor Hannah Storm suffered second-degree and third-degree burns three weeks ago when a gas grill exploded in front of her at her home. Hannah talked to ABC News about the accident and how she was able to get ready to host the Rose Parade show.

Hannah says the grill exploded in front of her and blew the doors off the grill. She says her hair and the top of her shirt was immediately on fire following the explosion. Her left hand is badly damaged because she used it to pull of her burning shirt. Hannah says she yelled to her teenage daughter, "Mommy's on fire. You have to call 911." Her daughter used her cell phone to call 911.

Hannah says her team helped her get ready for the Rose Parade with false eyelashes and fake hair. As bad as her accident was, Hannah says she was by far the most fortunate person in her burn unit. Take a look:



More from Shoppers Shop


  • Amazon Prime Day 2017 Will Run 30 Hours Starting July 10th


  • Bella Hadid Models Bulgari Fall/Winter 2017 Serpenti Handbag Collection


  • NASA Corrects Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop on Wearable Body Stickers Product Claim




  • Grizzly Bears Help Test Durability of Outdoor Products


  • Style Dotcom Site Now Forwards to Farfetch


  • Lidl Grocery Retailer Launches in the U.S., Partners With Heidi Klum