Peet's Coffee Launches New Food Items in Northern California Stores
Posted on February 16, 2014
Peet's Coffee & Tea has launched new food items in its Northern California stores. These new food items include salads and sandwiches. Peet's food menu was developed through a partnership with Bay Area Chef Arnold Eric Wong and his local bakery Raison D'etre. Some of the items include Applewood smoked ham sandwiches, kale salads and lentil salads. The Herb Roasted Turkey Sandwich is pictured above and the Super Greens & Kale Salad is pictured below.
Chef Arnold Wong says in the announcement, "I'm thrilled to be working with Peet's Coffee & Tea as they share my deep passion to quality, freshness and using the finest ingredients. And, it's important that we give Peet's fans a locally sourced, artisanal food experience that matches the quality of their coffee. We have carefully crafted these recipes to be health conscious and flavorful, and are making them locally right here in the kitchen at Raison D'Ítre."
Here is a list of the new menu items with descriptions from Peet's:
- Herb Roasted Turkey Sandwich ($6.95): Made with turkey that is slow cooked and complemented with Monterey jack cheese and a homemade pumpkin seed pesto aioli.
- Applewood Smoked Ham Sandwich ($6.95): Aromatic applewood smoked ham, Swiss cheese and homemade roasted garlic aioli.
- Super Greens & Kale Salad ($6.95): A healthy assortment of kale, greens and fresh Greek feta paired with fig balsamic vinaigrette.
- Black Lentil Salad ($4.95): Fresh black beluga lentils, sweet Greek feta with a tangy red wine vinaigrette.
- Quinoa Salad ($4.95): A delicious combination of rainbow quinoa, chickpeas, roasted red peppers and herb vinaigrette.
- Fruit Bowl ($4.95): An assortment of fresh, seasonal fruit with an emphasis on berries.
- Cheese and Fruit Box ($5.95): Aged Dubliner Irish cheddar, Monterey pepper jack and Danish brie with crisp apples, roasted almonds and organic rice crackers.
- Hummus & Carrots ($2.95): Flavorful house made hummus with fresh carrot chips