President Obama Pokes Fun at Just About Everyone at WH Correspondents' Dinner
Posted on May 5, 2014The White House Correspondents' Dinner was held last night with Joel McHale as the headline speaker. As is tradition, the president gave a humorous speech to the crowd of journalists, politicians and celebrities. Before he began his speech he had them bring out two ferns, one on each side of the podium in a nod to his infamous interview with Zach Galifianakis on Between Two Ferns, noting "hey, it worked before." The president jabbed pretty much everyone in his speech. He had a wide range of targets, but first poked fun at the botched launch of Healthcare.gov: "My campaign slogan was Yes we Can, but in 2013 it became Control Alt Delete."
Other targets included:
- Fox News: "You'll miss me when I'm gone. It's going to be harder to convince everyone that Hillary Clinton was born in Kenya."
- CNN: "I had to go to Malaysia to get some coverage...they're still looking for their table."
- Republicans: "Republicans actually brought in consultants to teach them how talk to women. Teenage boys are signing up in droves to run for the Senate."
- John Boehner: "Republican house memebers give John Boehner a harder time than they give me. Apparently orange really is the new black."
- Chris Christie: "Gridlock is so bad in this town, you have to wonder, what did we do to piss off Chris Christie so bad?"
- Vladimir Putin and his Republican admirers: "Mike Huckabee and Sean Hannity keep talking about his bare chest, which is kind of weird. Look it up, they talk about it a lot."