Black Friday Predictions
(black friday > black friday predictions)
Black Friday occurs every year on the day after Thanksgiving Day. Some of the deals are predictable because stores tend to offer the same types of discounts each year for Black Friday. If you have shopped Black Friday in the past you probably already have a pretty good idea of what to expect.
As in prior years Black Friday shoppers will be looking for discounts on TVs, laptops, video game consoles, tablets and more. There will also likely be discounts on Fitbit devices, robotic vacuums, Dyson vacuums, Instant Pots and products from other top brands. Amazon will offer deals on its growing number of devices. Black Friday can also be a great time to buy a new smartphone. There should also be deals on devices like the Google Home, Apple Watch Series 3, video games, Keurigs, hover boards, iPads, 3D printers and home networking equipment.
The lowest prices of the holiday season overall occur over the Thanksgiving Day to Cyber Monday period. The very lowest prices usually fall on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. Prices remain lower through Cyber Monday but inventory (out-of-stock) issues start increasing.
TV Black Friday Deals
Prices for 4K TVs have really been dropping the past couple years. They are cheap enough - and the price difference is minimal enough - that you should go with a 4K model over a 1080p HDTV. A good article on predictions from Consumer Reports says 55-inch 4K models could fall as low as $225 for models from lesser known brands and as low as $300 from bigger brands. A prediction from RetailMeNot has Walmart offering a 55-inch 4K TV for as low as $200. In the 60-inch category, prices could dip below $500 for a model from a name brand according to Consumer Reports. As always the very best Black Friday deals are likely to be low inventory, short-lived offers.
Game Console Deals
The big three consoles are the Sony PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. A prediction from RetailMeNot for Best Buy's 2018 Black Friday offers has the PS4 1TB console at $199.99 and Xbox One X bundles are $399.99. In other article, RetailMeNot forecasts the Nintendo Switch Bundle for $299 (a $60 savings).
2018 Predictions Links
Here are links to prediction pages online:
- Consumer Reports: Black Friday TV Price Predictions
- Consumer Reports: Black Friday Laptop Price Predictions
- CNET Black Friday 2018 TV Predictions - CNET has provided a handy chart with current prices and Black Friday estimates for a range of TV models and sizes.
- Deal News Black Friday 2018 - Deal News has been making solid Black Friday predictions for years. They are organized by category, including TV, Apple, laptops, gaming, clothing, phones, etc.
- Best Black Friday: 2018 Predictions - Best Black Friday has provided a handy infographic showing their Black Friday predictions. They display the Black Friday discount they expect on devices HDTVs, tablets, video game consoles and more.
- BlackFriday.com Predictions - BlackFriday.com has predictions for TVs, tablets, game consoles and more.
- TheBlackFriday.com Predictions - The Black Friday has their predictions is easy to read lists for each category, including TVs, games, devices and more.
- Forbes: Samsung Black Friday 2018 Deals Preview - a look at what Samsung's Black Friday deals inspired by last year's offers