Gap Inc. Shares Thanksgiving Day, Midnight Black Friday Store Opening Plans
Posted on November 8, 2011Gap Inc. announced that nearly 1,000 of its brands' stores (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta) will open on Thanksgiving in the U.S. Some stores are also opening at midnight on Black Friday.
Tom Wyatt, president of Old Navy, said in a statement, "Our customers have given us terrific feedback about the option of getting a head start on their shopping on Thanksgiving Day. It's a fun environment for the whole family, and a welcome excursion for those looking to get ahead or take a break from the holiday festivities. This is a win-win for our brand and our shoppers alike."
Here are some details about Gap Inc.'s store opening times:
- Old Navy: More than 80% of Old Navy stores will be open on Thanksgiving Day in major cities including New York, Chicago and Los Angeles, followed later by midnight openings across most stores in the country for Black Friday. Old Navy will carry on its Gobblepalooza tradition from last year, with three days of deals.
- Gap Outlet and Banana Republic Factory Stores: Over 300 stores will be open on Black Friday (over 250 of these stores will be open for Midnight Madness) and almost 30 stores will be open on Thanksgiving Day.
- Gap: On Thanksgiving Day, 116 stores will be open in major cities including Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco, with nearly 200 stores opening at midnight on Black Friday.
- Banana Republic: On Thanksgiving Day, 54 Banana Republic stores will be open with 50 more opening at midnight on Black Friday across the country.
- Athleta: All eight Athleta stores will be open on Thanksgiving Day in major cities such as Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. The ninth Athleta store will celebrate its grand opening in Minneapolis on Black Friday.