Jane Lynch Helps Launch the National College Finance Center Website
Posted on July 18, 2012
Glee star Jane Lynch yesterday unveiled the National College Finance Center website at a news conference in New York City. The National College Finance Center is a free resource to help educate students, prospective students and families about how to evaluate their options for financing a college education.
Jane says, "I really jumped at the opportunity to support this initiative because it is something that has affected my family. I have a ten-year-old daughter who will be going to college in eight years as well as nieces and nephews who are dealing with student loans right now."
The main principles of the National College Finance Center website are:
- To provide the best resources and ideas for a higher education finance plan
- To take maximum advantage of available grant and scholarship options
- To minimize debt accrued in acquiring a college education
- To understand that all student loans are not created equal
- To understand important repayment strategies that will save money and stress