Padma Lakshmi Provides Summer Beauty Tips
Posted on June 15, 2010
Padma Lakshmi is the face of Dial NutriSkin. Padma has provided the following daily and weekly summer beauty tips as part of her Dial NutriSkin partnership.
"Summer is the best time to show off your skin! In preparation for my days in the sun, I go straight for nourishing essential oils," said Padma. "I have a love affair with good-for-you ingredients, and one of my favorite go-to products this summer is Dial NutriSkin with Fruit Oil Body Wash. I like to think of it as nutrition for my skin."
Here are Padma's summer beauty tips.
- A natural glow starts with a deep cleansing facial treatment. To get rid of blemishes, dissolve a few drops of pure tea tree oil into a bowl of boiling water and use this to steam your face.
- After this deep cleansing treatment, skin needs to be revived and renewed. Pat clean skin dry and slather pure honey all over your face, avoiding the eye area. Tap your fingers on your face for 5-7 minutes, allowing the gooey honey to act like a suctioning vacuum, pulling impurities from your pores.
- Once a week, I mix together jojoba oil and coarse sea salt for an at-home exfoliating body scrub treatment. Simply rub and massage this mixture vigorously into the skin just before you have your shower. It's moisturizing, exfoliating, and gives your skin a great glow.
- For my daily cleansing and moisturizing, I look for a body wash that will provide the same nourishment from head to toe. My new find this summer is Dial NutriSkin, a new line of ultra-hydrating body washes packed with light and refreshing fruit oils. The grape seed oil and lemongrass is a great combo - especially since grapes are known to be high in antioxidants.
- One of the final steps in my skin regimen is bronzer. Powder bronzer is a great way to get a healthy, sun-kissed glow. I like to use it on my eyelids, above my cheekbones, and on my shoulders and collarbone.
- My final and most important beauty tip is to make sure you dedicate your life to what truly makes you happy because happiness shows, and it's what makes a woman truly beautiful.