Survey Finds Nearly 90% of Consumers Have Not Finished Christmas Shopping
Posted on December 11, 2013A new survey conducted by RetailMeNot and The Omnibus Company found that 87% of shoppers have not finished Christmas shopping. The survey also found (not surprisingly) that shoppers love free shipping. 27% say they will not purchase an item online without free shipping. Procrastinators will find free shipping offers become less and less available if they want their purchase delivered in time for Christmas.
Trae Bodge, senior editor of The Real Deal by RetailMeNot, said in a statement, "Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone, but the majority of shoppers still have gifts to purchase. Consumers who prefer to do last-minute shopping online should take advantage of Free Shipping Day offers if they want to avoid having to pay for expedited shipping charges and potentially go over their budgets."
Here are some other findings of the survey:
- When shopping online, 65% of consumers will search for a free shipping coupon if they see they have to pay for shipping
- 70% of shoppers feel shopping online takes less time than shopping in-store
- 69% of shoppers feel shopping online is less stressful than shopping in-store
- 40% rank crowded stores high on their list on holiday pressures
- 64% have had to pay for expedited shipping when purchasing last minute Christmas gifts online
- 38% have exceeded their holiday budget because of expedited shipping costs
Image: RetailMeNot, Inc.