2017 Toy of the Year Awards Announced
Posted on February 20, 2017
The 2017 Toy of the Year awards have been announced. The awards were announced by the Toy Industry Association (TIA) at The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in New York City. The TOTY Awards also kicked off the Toy Fair, which is currently underway in New York City.
The LEGO Friends Amusement Park Roller Coaster won the Toy of the Year award. Pop! from Funko won the People's Choice award. The top tech toy went to CodeGamer from Thames & Kosmos. Spin Master won awards in three categories and LEGO and Mattel each won two awards.
Steve Pasierb, TIA president & chief executive, says in the announcement, "This year's TOTY winners truly run the gamut, from quirky collectibles and skill-building construction toys, to family games and educational tech toys ... But there is one thing they all have in common: they bring fun, laughter, and learning to kids!"
Here is a list of the winners:
- Action Figure of the Year: DC Super Hero Girls Action Figure Assortment from Mattel
- Active/Outdoor Toy of the Year: Bunch O Balloons from Zuru
- Activity Toy of the Year: Crayola Air Marker Sprayer from Crayola
- Collectible of the Year: Pop! from Funko
- Construction Toy of the Year: LEGO Friends Amusement Park Roller Coaster from LEGO
- Doll of the Year: Barbie Fashionista Doll from Mattel
- Game of the Year: Yeti in My Spaghetti from PlayMonster
- Infant/Preschool Toy of the Year: Doc McStuffins Toy Hospital Care Cart from Just Play
- Innovative Toy of the Year: Hatchimals from Spin Master
- License of the Year: Paw Patrol from Spin Master
- Rookie of the Year: 3DoodlerStart Essentials Pen Set from WobbleWorks
- Specialty Toy of the Year: LEGO Disney Castle from LEGO
- Tech Toy of the Year: CodeGamer from Thames & Kosmos
- Vehicle of the Year: Air Hogs Star Wars X-Wing vs. Death Star - Rebel Assault from Spin Master