Luxottica Group Launches First OPSM Eye Hub Store in Melbourne
Posted on July 20, 2010
Luxottica Group has launched its first OPSM eye hub store in Melbourne, Australia. The enw store was design by E2, the designers of London's Millennium Dome. The OPSM eye hub includes a simulator room for testing glasses and sunglasses for glare and wind resistance, touch-screen interactive mirrors that allow people to play back their new look and a play area where parents can leave their kids while they shop.
Luxottica Group's CEO Andrea Guerra said the company's long-term goal is for this concept to be adapted globally. There are plans for more stores in Australia to debut in the next two to three years, and additional stores could in the future be opened in key markets such as China, the UK and the United States.
"We are confident that our first OPSM eye hub will be a huge success and lead to future openings in worldwide markets," said Mr. Guerra. "With the features the new store concept has to offer consumers, quite simply it sets new standards for international retailing. Naturally, we also believe this will be the next step in eyewear retailing in particular and look forward to bringing this concept to consumers around the world."
Here are some highlights of the OPSM eye hub:
- 1,500 square meters
- The store's floor plan is in the shape of an eye
- A concierge meets customers at the door
- Kids area
- Product stylists help match the best frames for each customer
- Sports simulation rooms for testing wind and glare allow 'road testing' glasses before buying them
- Product vault in centre of store - VIP exclusive designs available.
- Largest range of product in the Southern Hemisphere - over 2,000 optical and sunglass designs
- Four exclusive pairs of diamond encrusted glasses
- Interactive mirrors with playback video - customers can see how they look in the latest style of frames
- Living "green wall"