Miss California Alyssa Campanella Crowned Miss USA 2011
Posted on June 19, 2011
Miss California Alyssa Campanella won this year's Miss USA pageant. Ashley Durham, Miss Tennessee, was the first runner-up and Kia Ben-et Hampton, Miss Kentucky, won Miss Congeniality USA. The pageant was televised last night on NBC. Take a look:
Alyssa's question for the Q&A section of the pageant was about the legalization of marijuana. Alyssa said, "I understand why that question would be asked, especially with today's economy, but I also understand that medical marijuana is very important to help those who need it medically. I'm not sure if it should be legalized, if it would really affect, with the drug war. I mean, it's abused today, unfortunately, so that's the only reason why I would kind of be a little bit against it, but medically it's OK."
Alyssa Campanella wore a bikini by Kandy Wrappers and fashion footwear by Chinese Laundry during the 2011 Miss USA Presentation Show.
The line-up of judges this year included:
- Tyson Chandler, Center for Dallas Mavericks and 2011 NBA Champion
- Rocco DiSpirito, Celebrity chef and host of Bravo�s �Rocco�s Dinner Party�
- Mariel Hemingway, American actress and writer
- Penn Jillette, The larger, louder half of comedy magic duo Penn & Teller
- Lil Jon, American rapper and music producer
- Caroline Manzo, From Bravo�s hit series �The Real Housewives of New Jersey�
- Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, Co-Founder of OPI Products