Martha Stewart Launches Crafts Line
Posted on April 26, 2007
Martha Stewart Omnimedia is launching a new crafts line called Martha Stewart Crafts, which will be available nationwide on May 1, 2007. The line features more than 650 different items, including materials for paper crafting and scrapbooking, with exclusive paper designs, embellishments, crafting tools, as well as binders and storage systems that help keep everything organized.
The line will be exclusively available at more than 900 Michaels stores in the U.S. and Canada, as well as online.
"This line is an expression of my passion for crafting, a pursuit I have enjoyed throughout my life," said Martha Stewart, Founder of MSLO. "At MSLO, we are steeped in the development of crafts, and all the products reflect our understanding of what crafters want and need because it is what we ourselves want and need-practical tools, as well as a wonderful array of beautiful and inspiring materials."
MSLO's team of experts, including Hannah Milman, Editorial Director of Crafts, designed all of the products in the line, including:
- Scrapbooking materials ranging from sophisticated, exclusive designs of papers to charming embellishments.
- Beautifully bound albums, frames, and keepsakes boxes to help preserve memories artfully.
- Craft kits for adults and children.
- Pretty food packaging that makes giving homemade gifts from the kitchen or garden easy, with boxes, bags, and wrappers.
- Gift wrap, tissue paper, ribbons, invitations, and more for holidays, weddings, showers, and birthdays.
We're actually kind of surprised that Martha hasn't done this before: after all, she really is the nation's First Lady of Crafting. There are many Martha Stewart crafts videos online. Here's one where she crafts fun personalized mugs and clipboards with some new interns.