Samsung Galaxy Fold Set for September Release After Improvements
Posted on July 25, 2019
Samsung has announced that its innovative Samsung Galaxy Fold smartphone will be released in September. It was initially scheduled to be released in April but was delayed to make improvements.
Samsung says it made the following improvements:
- The top protective layer of the Infinity Flex Display has been extended beyond the bezel, making it apparent that it is an integral part of the display structure and not meant to be removed.
- Galaxy Fold features additional reinforcements to better protect the device from external particles while maintaining its signature foldable experience.
- The top and bottom of the hinge area have been strengthened with newly added protection caps.
- Additional metal layers underneath the Infinity Flex Display have been included to reinforce the protection of the display.
- The space between the hinge and body of Galaxy Fold has been reduced.
The phone has great interest in the tech community as you can see by the large coverage of the Fold improvements story on Techmeme. If the Samsung Fold is successful there will be many similar phones launched by competing smartphone manufacturers. If this type of phone becomes standard it will also greatly change mobile web browsing with users possibly quickly changing from smartphone sized views to a small tablet-sized screen when they unfold their phone.
Here is a Samsung video about the Fold that was released before the improvement plans and launch delay.
Roku Launches Limited-Edition Roku SE Streaming Player for Black Friday - posted November 17, 2020
Nintendo Announces Nintendo Switch Black Friday Bundle - posted November 9, 2020
Hess Toy Truck Launches First Plush Toy Fire Truck - posted October 22, 2020
Gotta Go Flamingo Toy Comes With Little Toilet - posted October 16, 2020
Dunkin Launches Spicy Ghost Pepper Donut - posted October 16, 2020