Glitz, Glam and Fun at the Barbie Fashion Show
Posted on February 15, 2009
The Barbie Fashion Show was yesterday and it was a fabulous Barbie celebration. Fifty designers each contributed an outfit for the show. The models were styled like Barbie dolls and it was just too much fun.
The show was divided into three sections. The first section was more fifties and sixties inspired outfits: it was our favorite. The second section had more seventies looks. And the third section was more futuristic with some cool Blade Runner inspired clear plastic overcoats and shrugs. There were bathing suits and ballgowns, and even a one-legged striped catsuit by Patricia Field that closed the show.
Here is a video of the entertaining Barbie fashion show. Take a look:
Here are some interesting notes about the fashions:
- The models all wore the trademarked Barbie pink Christian Louboutin sky high heels.
- Rachel Roy designed the retro black and white swimsuit Barbie modeled after her 1959 zebra striped swimsuit doll.
- Barbie is ready to travel with Diane von Furstenberg's look.
- The House of Field designed an amazing one-legged black and white striped dress for the Barbie Fashion Show.
- Kenneth Cole designed a look for Barbie's handsome companion Ken as well as Barbie. Barbie's shirt says everyone needs a Ken!
- A model walked the runway in a white dress by Vera Wang and black gloves.
You can see photographs of the Barbie designs from each of the designers on InStyle.
Baskin-Robbins Launches Brrr The Snowman - posted November 16, 2021
Buddy the Elf is a Fisher-Price Little People Figure - posted October 26, 2021
Covid-19 Plush Toy and Plush Vaccine - posted August 9, 2021
Mattel Unveils Matchbox Tesla Roadster - posted August 2, 2021
Hope is Breyer Horse of the Year - posted May 17, 2021