Tiffany Lamps on Display at Biltmore
Posted on July 11, 2011
The Tiffany at Biltmore exhibition is now open at Biltmore, George Vanderbilt's 8,000-acre mountain estate. The exhibition of stained-glass lamps, created by Louis Comfort Tiffany (1848-1933) and The Tiffany Studios, fills the Biltmore Legacy exhibition hall in the estate's Antler Hill Village. The exhibition, which runs from July 1 to October 23, comes from The Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass in New York City.
Biltmore's horticulture team was inspired by Tiffany's use of botanicals and love of nature. Four dragonflies were created from flowers and foliage planted to resemble stained glass. Each design spans 40 feet and took more than 12,000 plants to create. Take a look: